7 Superfoods To Add To Your Dogs Diet
We’ve rounded up a collection of Natural Dog Treats Recipe Ideas that your furbaby will be barking mad for! Check them all out now!
When it comes to feeding your furbaby, you must be careful. We highly recommend the famous Muttloaf Recipe and also sweet potato chews and grain-free dog treats. You can make them easily at home without the nasties and your furbaby will be so much healthier as a result.
Carrot Zucchini Dog Treats
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour, or more, as needed
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat pumpkin puree, peanut butter and eggs on medium-high until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Gradually add old fashioned oats and 2 1/2 cups flour at low speed, beating just until incorporated. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky. Add carrot, zucchini and spinach, beating just until incorporated.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Using cookie cutters, cut out desired shapes and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.*
- Let cool completely.
Carrot And Banana Dog Treats
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 bunch fresh carrots, finely chopped or grated
- 2-3 fresh bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (*optional, we went without)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cornmeal & *brown sugar) in large mixing bowl, then incorporate carrots, bananas, egg, oil, and water until well blended into workable dough
- Flour your workspace and roll out dough to desired thickness. We went with about 1/2 inch thickness to allow for some expansion once baked. Cut cookies to desired shape and size
- Place dog cookies on baking sheet and bake 35 minutes
- After baking, turn oven off and leave cookies inside for another 30-45 minutes until crisp. This step is important to make sure your treats harden up, otherwise they will remain like soft cookies
- Once crisp, remove dog cookies from oven and let cool. Transfer to zipper bags or airtight containers and freeze to preserve freshness for your little one!
SOURCE: 17 Apart
Sweet Potato Dog Chews Recipe
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Wash sweet potatoes
- Slice sweet potatoes lengthwise about ¼ inch thick. Place on a baking sheet
- Bake for 3 hours. Turn slices about halfway through baking
- Cool on wire racks after baking
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 4 months
SOURCE: Sophie in the Kitchen
Easy Crockpot Dog Food Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup peas, frozen or canned
- Stir in ground beef, brown rice, kidney beans, butternut squash, carrots, peas and 4 cups water into a 6-qt slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high heat for 2-3 hours, stirring as needed
- Let cool completely