Are essential oils toxic to animals?
- April 25, 2020
- Ally Cohen
We share some dos and don’ts…
There are varying opinions on whether or not you should use essential oils on your pets. Some say they’re hazardous to dogs, while others say they’re perfectly safe if used correctly. For example, some people use peppermint to stimulate circulation, and also as an insect repellent. Others use lavender oil to help calm a dog that experiences separation anxiety or to keep them calm while travelling; some oils can be used to increase a dog’s appetite and fight fatigue.
If you’re curious about using aromatherapy for your pet, consult with your vet before trying it on your own. And because dogs are more sensitive to essential oils than we are, there are certain precautions you have to take before
treating them with the oils.
Dos and don’ts when using essential oils on your dog:
- Never use oils directly on their skin or fur.
- Always dilute the essential oils first, and use them with a diffuser.
- Never pour the oils into your dog’s food or water.
- Don’t use essential oils on puppies younger than 10 weeks as well as epileptic or pregnant dogs.
- Don’t use oils near sensitive areas such as ears, nose, eyes and genitals.
- Allow them to smell the oil first and if they don’t like it, don’t use it.
- Don’t let them lick, touch or play with the oils.
Whether you decide to leave a product review, a Google Business Review or invite your friends to like the 4aPet Facebook page or group, participating in the contest is easy and fun.
Spoil Your Furry Friend
With a wide range of products, including food, toys, accessories and grooming products, 4aPet has everything you need to spoil your furry friend. And with the chance to win a R250 voucher, you can treat your pet to even more goodies. So why not participate in the contest and see if you can win big?
Share the Love
By participating in 4aPet's online contest, you're not only giving yourself the chance to win a voucher, but you're also helping to spread the love for this great pet store. By leaving a review or inviting your friends to follow their social media accounts, you're helping other pet owners discover the great products and services that 4aPet has to offer.
Simply do any one of these to stand a chance to win a R250 4aPet voucher:
- Leave a product review on 4aPet website https://4apet.co.za/
- Leave a Google business review on https://zurl.co/E6v0
- Invite your friends to the 4aPet Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/4aPet or to the 4aPet Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4aPet
In conclusion, participating in 4aPet's online contest is an easy and fun way to win a R250 voucher to spend on your furry friend. Whether you decide to leave a product review, a Google Business Review or invite your friends to follow their social media accounts, you're not only increasing your chances of winning, but also helping to spread the word about this great pet store. So go ahead, participate in the contest and spoil your furry friend with some amazing products from 4aPet.
Interactive Dog Toy: The Talking Babble Ball is motion activated and talks, growls, and interacts with your pet