Helpful Tips: Managing digestive problems in dogs & cats
- April 01, 2019
- Ally Cohen
Dietary intolerances can cause a range of problems in your pet. An intolerance to one or more of the ingredients of your pet’s diet can cause vomiting and diarrhoea due to the offending substance causing irritation to the lining of the digestive tract.
- Dietary intolerances can cause a range of problems in your pet. An intolerance to one or more of the ingredients of your pet’s diet can cause vomiting and diarrhoea due to the offending substance causing an irritation to the lining of the digestive tract. Furthermore, dietary intolerances can also cause skin irritation, gum inflammation, chronic ear infections and anal gland problems and aggravate asthma in your furry companion. This is “you are what you eat” for pets! Armed with this knowledge of how important a role diet plays in the general well being of your pet, you will no doubt wish to provide your pet with an ideal diet of fresh, healthy food, including a variety of food groups, salads, meat and fish.
- Make sure that your pet has plenty of clean, filtered water. Cats can be fussy drinkers and may only want to drink from a running tap, out of your glass of water or from rain puddles – (such is the finicky feline).
- Animals in the wild, as well as many domestic animals, will naturally fast if they are feeling ill. Fasting gives the digestive organs a rest and allows the body's energy to focus on renewal, detox, repair and fighting disease. (So don’t freak if your pet skips a meal or two and is otherwise healthy! However, if they don’t eat for more than 48hrs, it is best to consult your vet)
- Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high-quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food, (preferably organic), and avoid onions as they can be toxic to animals.
- Animals need time outdoors where they can naturally seek out herbs that will help them maintain the health of their digestive system. All carnivorous animals, including dogs and cats, will naturally induce vomiting from time to time as a cleansing process to get rid of excess bile, mucus and other impurities. They do this by eating plants (e.g. grass) which will induce purging.
- Add organic green sprouts to your pet's food every day. This is an easy way to improve digestion and supply much-needed vitamins, amino acids and trace elements.
- Use Feelgood Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet's immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection.
- Food and water bowls should be made of glass, stainless steel or porcelain and not plastic. Make sure to wash your pet’s water bowl and food bowls regularly, using hot water. Make sure to rinse them well, so as not to leave any harmful chemical residue behind).
- Ignore those begging eyes when it comes to chocolate! It may seem like a good idea, but chocolate is toxic to pets. (A far better use for that box of chocolates would be the human contingent at your favourite vet!)
September 26, 2021 by Ally Cohen
Have you ever stopped to wonder whether cat litter could be harmful to you, your cat or the environment?
September 17, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
Most of the times, the dogs are so intelligent to find out the drug mixed water or food materials offered to them by the dog owners. Hence, often it becomes a headache for the dog owners to give medicines to their dogs.
September 15, 2021 by Ally Cohen
PetCalm is a natural pet remedy which contains 100% homeopathic ingredients known for their calming and soothing effect. It can be used regularly to help anxious or highly strung pets – or as needed for occasional help during stressful situations, such as during thunderstorms, fireworks, domestic stress, pet shows – or even a visit to the vet.Countinute reading
September 11, 2021 by Ally Cohen
Introducing a dog to babies, kids, cats, other dogs, or any other living being for the first time to is very important to do with care.Countinute reading
September 01, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
Dogs are naturally companion animals, and most enjoy receiving attention. While some breeds are aloof, more independent, and less likely to want cuddles, others seek constant companionship and seem to need affection to thrive. Here are 10 of the cuddliest breeds in the canine world.
August 25, 2021 by Ally Cohen
If your cat or dog seems to be itching and scratching incessantly, or has a cough and nasal congestion, they might be suffering from allergies.Countinute reading
August 23, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
Providing a healthy and nutritious diet is one of the easiest ways to ensure good health for your furry friend. How do you know if your dog's diet needs supplements? What types of supplements should you add to your dog's diet?Countinute reading
August 13, 2021 by Lisa GoldbergCountinute reading
August 12, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
By consulting with a pet animal care specialist to try and understand schedules that need to be maintained for the examination of the animal, will help a lot in solving many health related problems in the concerned animal.Countinute reading
August 11, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
4aPet are as passionate about your pet and stock the best products. Our goal is to provide both a superior customer experience and tremendous value for our customers, bringing you the best and latest for your fur companions ❤
August 06, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
French bulldogs are one step closer to becoming top dog in the US puppy popularity contest.
July 18, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
Heartworm disease is a potentially fatal, but preventable. Beef flavored chunks are available in addition to the beef flavored tablets or solutions that can be given orally to the dogs as a measure against the incidence of heart worms.
July 15, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
Pet identification is highly required in these days because of the need for the licensing of the dog in a proper manner and to reduce the numbers of the stray dog menace in streets. Pet identification is done by many methods, which are different from each other.Countinute reading
June 20, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
During the examination of your dog, first you need to prepare the dog first psychologically for a better-restrained status. For this, you need to take a leash and place the dog on table by the careful delivery of suitable command.
May 25, 2021 by Lisa Goldberg
Even the best-behaved dog can go No. 2 in the house sometimes. If it happens more often than usual, your furry friend may have a problem.