Helpful Tips: Managing digestive problems in dogs & cats
- April 01, 2019
- Ally Cohen
- Dietary intolerances can cause a range of problems in your pet. An intolerance to one or more of the ingredients of your pet’s diet can cause vomiting and diarrhoea due to the offending substance causing an irritation to the lining of the digestive tract. Furthermore, dietary intolerances can also cause skin irritation, gum inflammation, chronic ear infections and anal gland problems and aggravate asthma in your furry companion. This is “you are what you eat” for pets! Armed with this knowledge of how important a role diet plays in the general well being of your pet, you will no doubt wish to provide your pet with an ideal diet of fresh, healthy food, including a variety of food groups, salads, meat and fish.
- Make sure that your pet has plenty of clean, filtered water. Cats can be fussy drinkers and may only want to drink from a running tap, out of your glass of water or from rain puddles – (such is the finicky feline).
- Animals in the wild, as well as many domestic animals, will naturally fast if they are feeling ill. Fasting gives the digestive organs a rest and allows the body's energy to focus on renewal, detox, repair and fighting disease. (So don’t freak if your pet skips a meal or two and is otherwise healthy! However, if they don’t eat for more than 48hrs, it is best to consult your vet)
- Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high-quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food, (preferably organic), and avoid onions as they can be toxic to animals.
- Animals need time outdoors where they can naturally seek out herbs that will help them maintain the health of their digestive system. All carnivorous animals, including dogs and cats, will naturally induce vomiting from time to time as a cleansing process to get rid of excess bile, mucus and other impurities. They do this by eating plants (e.g. grass) which will induce purging.
- Add organic green sprouts to your pet's food every day. This is an easy way to improve digestion and supply much-needed vitamins, amino acids and trace elements.
- Use Feelgood Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet's immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection.
- Food and water bowls should be made of glass, stainless steel or porcelain and not plastic. Make sure to wash your pet’s water bowl and food bowls regularly, using hot water. Make sure to rinse them well, so as not to leave any harmful chemical residue behind).
- Ignore those begging eyes when it comes to chocolate! It may seem like a good idea, but chocolate is toxic to pets. (A far better use for that box of chocolates would be the human contingent at your favourite vet!)
Whether you decide to leave a product review, a Google Business Review or invite your friends to like the 4aPet Facebook page or group, participating in the contest is easy and fun.
Spoil Your Furry Friend
With a wide range of products, including food, toys, accessories and grooming products, 4aPet has everything you need to spoil your furry friend. And with the chance to win a R250 voucher, you can treat your pet to even more goodies. So why not participate in the contest and see if you can win big?
Share the Love
By participating in 4aPet's online contest, you're not only giving yourself the chance to win a voucher, but you're also helping to spread the love for this great pet store. By leaving a review or inviting your friends to follow their social media accounts, you're helping other pet owners discover the great products and services that 4aPet has to offer.
Simply do any one of these to stand a chance to win a R250 4aPet voucher:
- Leave a product review on 4aPet website https://4apet.co.za/
- Leave a Google business review on https://zurl.co/E6v0
- Invite your friends to the 4aPet Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/4aPet or to the 4aPet Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4aPet
In conclusion, participating in 4aPet's online contest is an easy and fun way to win a R250 voucher to spend on your furry friend. Whether you decide to leave a product review, a Google Business Review or invite your friends to follow their social media accounts, you're not only increasing your chances of winning, but also helping to spread the word about this great pet store. So go ahead, participate in the contest and spoil your furry friend with some amazing products from 4aPet.
Interactive Dog Toy: The Talking Babble Ball is motion activated and talks, growls, and interacts with your pet