Management tips for aggressive dogs & cats
- April 24, 2019
- Ally Cohen
An aggressive pet is an unpredictable pet and no two animals will respond the same way to a particular remedy. Any dog that has attacked another dog or shown aggression towards a human is a risk. An overtly aggressive pet should be assessed by a qualified pet behaviourist and appropriate measures taken to control the aggressive behaviour.
- An aggressive pet is an unpredictable pet and no two animals will respond the same way to a particular remedy. Any dog that has attacked another dog or shown aggression towards a human is a risk. An overtly aggressive pet should be assessed by a qualified pet behaviourist and appropriate measures taken to control the aggressive behaviour. Aggression Formula is best used in conjunction with advice from an animal behaviourist.
- Remember, a dog that wags its tail is not always a friendly dog, likewise a purring cat might be purring because of stress. Any unfamiliar dog or cat must be approached with care!!
- Ensure that your children know how to handle pets. Encourage them to always ask before they pet an unknown dog or cat and to stay well away from any animal showing signs of aggression.
- If your pet suddenly becomes aggressive and no reason can be found, please take him/her to your vet for a complete check up to make sure that there is not an underlying health problem (such as pain that is causing him or her discomfort)
- Remove aggression triggers if possible. For example, if your dog is aggressive around food or bones, feed him on his own in a different room.
- Keep aggressive animals away from small children even if they have never bitten anyone before.
- Check for any recent changes in your pet’s environment, which may have triggered his aggression, examples include a new baby or a job that keeps you away for longer periods than before.
- Regular exercise is a good outlet for pent up emotions and will help to keep your pet healthy and fit. Remember to keep your dog on a lead at all times and consider investing in a muzzle if necessary.
- Consult an animal behaviourist for insight into your pet’s problem. Your vet should be able to put you in touch with a recognized behaviourist
- Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food (preferably organic).
Cooler weather can aggravate your pooches arthritis symptoms. While there is no cure for arthritis in dogs, here are seven things you can do to help relieve the pain, stiffness, joint popping and other symptoms.
There are many reasons why a cat might pee outside the litter box, but with a little investigation you should be able to determine what needs to be done to stop your cat’s inappropriate urination. Here are the top 10 ways to stop your cat from peeing outside the cat litter box.
If you’re dealing with a pet stain on your carpet, deep cleaning can usually bring your carpet back to great condition. Try these following tips to help you neutralize the odour and remove the pet stains from your carpet.