Management tips for aggressive dogs & cats
- April 24, 2019
- Ally Cohen
An aggressive pet is an unpredictable pet and no two animals will respond the same way to a particular remedy. Any dog that has attacked another dog or shown aggression towards a human is a risk. An overtly aggressive pet should be assessed by a qualified pet behaviourist and appropriate measures taken to control the aggressive behaviour.
- An aggressive pet is an unpredictable pet and no two animals will respond the same way to a particular remedy. Any dog that has attacked another dog or shown aggression towards a human is a risk. An overtly aggressive pet should be assessed by a qualified pet behaviourist and appropriate measures taken to control the aggressive behaviour. Aggression Formula is best used in conjunction with advice from an animal behaviourist.
- Remember, a dog that wags its tail is not always a friendly dog, likewise a purring cat might be purring because of stress. Any unfamiliar dog or cat must be approached with care!!
- Ensure that your children know how to handle pets. Encourage them to always ask before they pet an unknown dog or cat and to stay well away from any animal showing signs of aggression.
- If your pet suddenly becomes aggressive and no reason can be found, please take him/her to your vet for a complete check up to make sure that there is not an underlying health problem (such as pain that is causing him or her discomfort)
- Remove aggression triggers if possible. For example, if your dog is aggressive around food or bones, feed him on his own in a different room.
- Keep aggressive animals away from small children even if they have never bitten anyone before.
- Check for any recent changes in your pet’s environment, which may have triggered his aggression, examples include a new baby or a job that keeps you away for longer periods than before.
- Regular exercise is a good outlet for pent up emotions and will help to keep your pet healthy and fit. Remember to keep your dog on a lead at all times and consider investing in a muzzle if necessary.
- Consult an animal behaviourist for insight into your pet’s problem. Your vet should be able to put you in touch with a recognized behaviourist
- Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food (preferably organic).
Whether you decide to leave a product review, a Google Business Review or invite your friends to like the 4aPet Facebook page or group, participating in the contest is easy and fun.
Spoil Your Furry Friend
With a wide range of products, including food, toys, accessories and grooming products, 4aPet has everything you need to spoil your furry friend. And with the chance to win a R250 voucher, you can treat your pet to even more goodies. So why not participate in the contest and see if you can win big?
Share the Love
By participating in 4aPet's online contest, you're not only giving yourself the chance to win a voucher, but you're also helping to spread the love for this great pet store. By leaving a review or inviting your friends to follow their social media accounts, you're helping other pet owners discover the great products and services that 4aPet has to offer.
Simply do any one of these to stand a chance to win a R250 4aPet voucher:
- Leave a product review on 4aPet website https://4apet.co.za/
- Leave a Google business review on https://zurl.co/E6v0
- Invite your friends to the 4aPet Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/4aPet or to the 4aPet Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4aPet
In conclusion, participating in 4aPet's online contest is an easy and fun way to win a R250 voucher to spend on your furry friend. Whether you decide to leave a product review, a Google Business Review or invite your friends to follow their social media accounts, you're not only increasing your chances of winning, but also helping to spread the word about this great pet store. So go ahead, participate in the contest and spoil your furry friend with some amazing products from 4aPet.
Interactive Dog Toy: The Talking Babble Ball is motion activated and talks, growls, and interacts with your pet