Management tips for stressed or anxious pets
- May 05, 2019
- Ally Cohen
- Although it’s a natural urge to comfort your pet during times of distress, by giving your pet attention during a frightening episode such as a thunderstorm you may actually encourage the behaviour.
- Ensure that your pet feels secure, turn up the radio or put on the TV to mask loud noises and provide a warm, cosily lit area for your pet to sleep in and then do your utmost to ignore any unwanted behaviour. Not an easy thing to do, but persevere.
- Be consistent with your reaction to your pet. The whole family needs to follow the same routine when dealing with your pet’s anxieties otherwise your pet will become confused and even more insecure.
- Consider consulting an animal behaviourist if your pet’s behaviour is affecting their quality of life.
- The sooner a problem is addressed the easier it will be to modify the behaviour.
- Start socialising your new pet at an early age – get them used to trips in the car, strange noises, yelling children, noisy rubbish collection trucks, etc.
- Regular daily exercise is essential to help keep your pet healthy and fit, as well as in peak mental health. Bored, frustrated animals can hardly be expected to behave well!
- A confident pet is a happy pet and will be an asset to any owner.
Whether you decide to leave a product review, a Google Business Review or invite your friends to like the 4aPet Facebook page or group, participating in the contest is easy and fun.
Spoil Your Furry Friend
With a wide range of products, including food, toys, accessories and grooming products, 4aPet has everything you need to spoil your furry friend. And with the chance to win a R250 voucher, you can treat your pet to even more goodies. So why not participate in the contest and see if you can win big?
Share the Love
By participating in 4aPet's online contest, you're not only giving yourself the chance to win a voucher, but you're also helping to spread the love for this great pet store. By leaving a review or inviting your friends to follow their social media accounts, you're helping other pet owners discover the great products and services that 4aPet has to offer.
Simply do any one of these to stand a chance to win a R250 4aPet voucher:
- Leave a product review on 4aPet website https://4apet.co.za/
- Leave a Google business review on https://zurl.co/E6v0
- Invite your friends to the 4aPet Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/4aPet or to the 4aPet Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/4aPet
In conclusion, participating in 4aPet's online contest is an easy and fun way to win a R250 voucher to spend on your furry friend. Whether you decide to leave a product review, a Google Business Review or invite your friends to follow their social media accounts, you're not only increasing your chances of winning, but also helping to spread the word about this great pet store. So go ahead, participate in the contest and spoil your furry friend with some amazing products from 4aPet.
Interactive Dog Toy: The Talking Babble Ball is motion activated and talks, growls, and interacts with your pet