What are the ingredients?
Pet Ear Dr Ear Drops contain the following 100% natural ingredients extracted in a medicinal olive oil base:
Melaleuca alternifolia , Rosmarinus officinale (Rosemary), Calendula officinalis (Marigold), Verbascum thapsus, Cold Pressed Olive Oil
How has Ear Dr helped others?
My poor puppy has been scratching his ear and the side of his head against furniture and anything he can find recently – the itching of his ear was so severe that his desperate attempts to scratch even caused sores behind his ear that would bleed intermittently. Ever since using your Ear Dr. oil his ear seems to have cleared up – I am so relieved as it was terrible to see him in such a state. Thanks for a great product that works so quickly and effectively!” – Dana
“My dear old beagle has had almost constant ear infections in the last few years. The cycle of infection, antibiotics, new infection, more antibiotics was frustrating and soul destroying and his scratching and whining nearly drove us batty! My vet has a special interest in natural treatment and recommended your website – so I ordered the ear oil and it has been wonderful. Three months now without any sign of infection and – far from having to find new and more ingenuous ways to get him to take his antibiotics – Benji actually enjoys his little ear “massages”! Thank you from both of us!” – Julia
How do I use Ear Dr?
The ingredients of Ear Dr Ear Drops. are presented in a soothing olive oil base.
Directions: Hold your pet’s head slightly to one side and allow the drops to fall into the ear canal. Massage gently to spread the oil into the ear canal. Repeat 2 – 3 times daily for about 7 – 10 days. Re-apply at the very first signs of re-infection. In the case of chronic ear problems, apply once or twice weekly as a preventative once the acute infection has cleared up.
Cats and small dogs: 2-3 drops in the affected ear.
Medium-large dogs: 3-5 drops in the affected ear.
Note: For external use only. Please consult your veterinarian should symptoms persist. May be used together with Immunity & Liver Support for natural antibiotic effect, especially when there have been recurring ear infections.
Some helpful tips for pet ear care
- Ear infections may occur as an isolated disease but are very often associated with general skin disorders. Certainly, grass seed in the ear or a case of ear mites will be localized to the ears but more often than not, with chronic ear conditions, there is another, often less obvious cause.
- By adopting a holistic approach to your pet’s health and examining all factors that influence your pet’s wellbeing a happy, healthy pet will result.
- Ear infections are often triggered by allergic reactions either to something in your pet’s diet or something, such as pollen, within the environment. Ear disease as an extension of generalised skin disease is a challenging treatment. By identifying the triggers of ear infections (such as an intolerance to a preservative or colourant in the diet or an allergy to wheat or maize) you will be one step closer to owning a pet with happy healthy ears!
- Today’s rushed, overprocessed lifestyle puts a strain on our pet’s immune systems and predisposes them to develop allergies and succumbing to infections
- By feeding a diet free of colourants and preservatives and one that approximates the diet that they would eat in the wild you are less likely to have a pet that suffers from dietary intolerances. Try Vondi’s Natural Cooked Food or Doggobone Active Raw Food – both available from the Feelgood Health shop in Westlake, Cape Town
- Add Skin and Coat Tonic to your pet’s ear treatment program for optimal healing. The environment of the ears is part of your pet’s skin. A glossy coat will be an added benefit.
- A last note: Do not be tempted to stick earbuds or anything similar in your pet’s ears, you will only do damage.
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. Please consult your veterinarian if symptoms persist.