Tips to keep your pet calm during a storm
- September 21, 2021
- Lisa Goldberg
According to the PARC Vet, thunderstorm anxiety is terrifying for a pet and heartbreaking for an owner to watch. Here are 5 tips PARC Vet suggests to calm your pet during a storm.
Does your pet freak out during a storm?
According to the PARC Vet, thunderstorm anxiety is terrifying for a pet and heartbreaking for an owner to watch.
PARC Vet suggests 5 tips to calm your pet during a storm:
- Give your pet a safe place to go during a storm.
- Be cool during a storm. Consoling your pet when they’re scared can reinforce fearful behavior. Be present. Don’t fuss too much. Distract your pet from the noise by throwing a toy, brushing its hair.
- Try a Thundershirt – This snug shirt wraps around your pet and applies gentle, constant pressure, similar to swaddling a baby.
- Supplement the scary sounds with music, TV, or white noise.
- Most importantly, ask your vet for help.
We all want to cuddle up close with our dogs and enjoy the experience, but unfortunately, a case of gnarly dog breath can get in the way. Here are the top 10 mint-flavored dog treat recipes you need to check out.
Is Benadryl safe for dogs? The answer isn’t a simple yes or no—it’s a little more complicated than that. Here’s what you need to know about using Benadryl for dogs and what you need to be careful of. Plus, alternative ways for treating dog anxiety.
French bulldogs are one step closer to becoming top dog in the US puppy popularity contest.