Feelgood Pets Skin & Coat Tonic: Supports dog & cat skin health & shiny coat!
Gives your pet's fur a radiant glow!
Feelgood Pets Skin & Coat Tonic is an all-natural, herbal skin and coat tonic for dogs and cats. This tonic contains a combination of specially selected herbs, nutrients as well as bio-chemic tissue salts known for their tonic and healing effect on the skin and fur. Whether your pet has a chronic or acute skin condition or whether a bit of help is needed after a bout of illness, this remedy will quickly help restore shine and health to the coat, as well as help heal most chronic and acute skin conditions. Skin and Coat Tonic is also a benefit for 'show pets' who need a 'beauty boost' before competitive events.
- 60 Capsules
- Helps to restore healthy skin and glossy coat
- Improves skin functioning and strengthens hair shaft and follicle
- Treats dry scaly skin and eczema and relieves itching
- Accelerates healing of skin lesions, hot spots and fungal infections of the skin
- Prevents bald patches and helps fur to grow back
- Improves liver, kidney and thyroid functioning as well as overall health
- Locally manufactured to reduce YOUR carbon footprint!
Skin problems in dogs & cats
Skin and coat problems are very common among domestic pets and appear to be on the increase. They include:
- Skin odours
- Allergic dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis
- Hair loss
- Warts (especially in older pets)
- Puppy acne
- Seborrhea (greasy coat)
What are the causes of skin and coat problems?
Toxins are routinely eliminated through the skin, and skin and coat problems can often indicate a number of underlying concerns including toxin overload, anxiety, thyroid problems and a compromised immune system.
Other causes of skin and coat problems include:
- bacterial and fungal infections;
- fleas (some pets develop a hypersensitivity to flea saliva)
- dietary allergies
- allergies to certain irritants (e.g. commercial pet shampoos)
- allergies to grass, pollen and other environmental and household substances
- inadequate diet
- excessive exposure to airconditioning and or heating
The natural way
A lot can be done to produce healthy shiny coats!
- Nutrition is very important. Your pet should follow a diet with 20% protein (25% for active dogs). An animal’s diet should also contain essential fatty acids or Omega 3. Try Vondi's Cooked Pet Food or Doggobone Raw Active Food - both available from the Feelgood Health shop in Westlake.
- Don’t over bathe your pet – as this can result in allergies, dry skin and brittle, dry hair. Most animals have natural oils in their coat that get stripped away when you over wash.
- Gentle brushing should be done regularly, but never brush against the hair growth. If you are going to brush sensitive areas like the face, ears, belly or genital areas – use a grooming glove or soft cloth. If you encounter a knot or bur, hold tightly between the bur and your pet’s body, so as not to cause pain. If it needs to be cut, use blunt scissors, and point the scissors away from your pet’s skin.
- Do not use human beauty products on your pet (such as skin lotions or human shampoo!). These products can harm your pet and even lead to chemical toxicity.
- Flea control is very important, especially in dogs & cats with a flea allergy - as even one flea can cause a problem!
- Lastly, just a simple massage with your hands (no oils) can help to improve circulation and coat health – just remember to be firm, but not rough!
How can Skin & Coat Tonic help?
Skin and Coat Tonic contains a combination of especially selected herbs, nutrients and biochemic tissue salts known for their tonic and healing effect on the skin and fur. Whether your pet has a chronic or acute skin condition or whether a bit of a help is needed after a bout of illness, Skin and Coat Tonic will quickly help to restore shine and health to the coat, as well as help to heal most chronic and acute skin conditions. Skin and Coat Tonic is also a benefit for 'show pets' who need a 'beauty boost' before competitive events.
What are the ingredients?
Skin and Coat Tonic contains the following 100% natural ingredients:
- Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) has been widely used in Western and Chinese herbalism for many centuries. Well known for its positive effect on urinary tract conditions, this medicinal herb is also an effective tissue healer due to its high silica content. Silica is essential in the maintenance of healthy and strong skin, bones, claws and fur and is the main component in all connective body tissues including the myelin sheaths around nerve cells and the membranes of the brain and spinal cord.
- Taraxacum officinalis (Dandelion) contains bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver and digestive system. Dandelion is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It enhances liver and gall bladder functioning and may decrease high blood pressure due to its diuretic properties.
- Arthrospira platenis (Spirulina) is a single celled micro-organism found in the sea and is widely used as a source of chlorophyll. Widely used for its nutritive properties, Spirulina contains high concentrations of protein, vitamins (including B12 and folic acid) and carotenoids. This sea algae has been medicinally used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years as a tonic to boost energy, relieve arthritis, enhance liver functioning, improve resistance to disease and to encourage all round systemic health.
- Fucus vesiculosis is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. As a source of iodine, it assists in the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for maintaining healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. Regular use will also improve skin and coat condition.
- Kalium Sulphate (D6) (Kali. Sulph.): This biochemic tissue salt is essential for distributing life giving oxygen throughout the body and keeping cell membranes in peak health. Kali. Sulph also helps to clear eczema and fungal infections of the skin, helping to normalise and cleanse skin at the cellular level.
Lactose: inactive ingredient
Contains no gluten, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives. Our products are animal-cruelty free. Individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
How do I use Skin & Coat Tonic?
Presented in convenient capsule form, Skin and Coat Tonic may be given whole or opened and the contents mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences. For a quick 'beauty boost' an occasional 2 - 3 week course is recommended. For 'run down' pets or those with chronic skin conditions, a 6 week course would be more beneficial.
Cats and small dogs: 1/2 capsule twice daily.
Medium dogs: One capsule twice daily.
Large dogs: One to two capsules twice daily.
Caution: Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.
PetAlive Health Tip! Use Skin and Coat Tonic along with the following natural remedies, depending on need:
- Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost immune functioning and liver health, especially after a bout of illness.
- Allergy Itch Ease - for cats & dogs with itchy skin rashes, this combination helps to reduce itching and scratching and allow time for the skin and coat to heal
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. Please consult your veterinarian if symptoms persist.