Feelgood Pets Digestive Support: Natural remedy for pet digestive health
Natural remedy for pet digestive health
Made especially to help pets who suffer from chronic digestive conditions, Feelgood Pets Digestive Support supports a healthy digestive system for both cats and dogs. This remedy is 100% herbal. In addition, it helps acute gastritis or when your pet has eaten something which does not agree with him/her.
Digestive Support contains three carefully chosen herbs in therapeutic dosage to soothe as well as protect the digestive system while encouraging digestive health.
Scientific evidence has shown that some ingredients in the Digestive Support have an ability to inhibit the growth of certain cancerous cells as well as reduce liver inflammation.
- 60 Capsules
- Relieves symptoms of gastritis, oesophagitis, IBS, colitis, enteritis, bloating and other chronic digestive disorders
- Improves digestive functioning
- Detoxes the digestive system
- Reduces inflammation and excess mucus discharge
- Relieves and treats the painful symptoms of stomach ulcers
- Reduces vomiting as well as diarrhoea
- Assists in recovery after gastritis and other acute digestive conditions
- Made in SA
Digestive health and your pet
Domestic animals, like humans, are subject to the damaging effects of cooked and processed foods, food additives, environmental pollution and the stress of modern day living. All of these factors can affect digestive functioning and lead to a range of digestive disorders.
Many holistic vets also blame over-vaccination for the rise in chronic illness, including digestive complaints, in domestic pets. As pet owners, we try to do the best for our animals and to feed them healthy, nutritious food that will not harm them. However, advertising and the claims of pet food manufacturers have contributed to the misinformation surrounding what is best for our pets.
Commercial dried and tinned pet food is convenient and claims to be 'better' than any other form of food. In addition, our pets learn to like the food that we eat and who can resist those soulful eyes when a packet of chips or a cookie is around!
The result is that pets in today's world suffer from many of the same digestive complaints and disorders as their human owners. Dogs and cats may vomit frequently and have problems keeping down their food or may be troubled by digestive distress, heartburn, flatulence, diarrhea or even skin allergies due to digestive problems. It can be very distressing to watch your pet suffer from the pain and discomfort associated with chronic and acute digestive disorders, which are often very resistant to treatment.
The natural way
There are many synthetic over the counter and prescription medicines to treat digestive complaints and disorders. These include anti-inflammatories, corticosteroids, drugs that suppress the immune system, antibiotics and other medications for symptomatic relief.
While these synthetic medications may make a big difference to quality of life for animals suffering from digestive disorders and dysfunction, many also come with side effects such as weight gain, diarrhoea and the potential of kidney or liver damage. Immunosuppressant drugs, such as high dose corticosteroids, may also lower the body's natural resistance to illness.
Holistic practitioners recognize that the whole animal should be treated to maximize health and reduce imbalance in the system caused by a variety of environmental and dietary stresses. A combination of natural medicine, healthy diet and regular exercise will help your pet to return to digestive health.
How can Digestive Support help?
Digestive Support is a 100% herbal remedy specially formulated to help pets who suffer from chronic digestive conditions such as gastritis, stomach and duodenal ulcers, oesophagitis, IBS, colitis, enteritis, bloating and other chronic digestive disorders.
Digestive Support is also extremely helpful for acute digestive complaints such as gastritis or when your pet has eaten something which does not agree with him/her.
Digestive Support contains three carefully chosen herbs in therapeutic dosage to soothe and protect the digestive system, while encouraging digestive health.
Some of the ingredients in Digestive Support have also recently received attention due to scientific evidence which has demonstrated their ability to inhibit the growth of certain cancerous cells and reduce liver inflammation.
What are the ingredients?
Digestive Support capsules contain the following 100% herbal ingredients:
- Glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice): Powerful anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-allergenic and excellent tonic for the intestines, bladder, kidney and entire digestive tract. This herb is also very effective in the treatment of ulcers, reducing pain and helping to heal the stomach lining.
- Ulmus fulva (slippery elm): The bark of this excellent digestive herb is rich in trace minerals, manganese, iodine, protein and soothing mucilage. It is a very highly respected herb in naturopathic circles and is regularly used by holistic veterinarians to treat a range of chronic and acute digestive disorders as well as to improve the health of the digestive tract.
- Althaea officinalis (marshmallow): An excellent and well known remedy for digestive disorders and very effective in soothing painful and inflamed mucus membranes of the digestive tract.
Brown Rice Powder: inactive ingredient
How do I use Digestive Support?
Used preventatively or as part of a digestive treatment program, Digestive Support Capsules may be given whole or opened and the contents mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences.
Cats and small dogs: 1/2 capsule twice daily.
Medium dogs: One capsule twice daily.
Large dogs: One to two capsules twice daily.
Caution: Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established. Please consult your vet should symptoms persist
NOTE: Use Digestive Support along with Immunity & Liver Support as a natural antibiotic in the treatment of acute digestive infections.
Helpful Tips: Managing digestive problems in dogs & cats
- Dietary intolerances can cause a range of problems in your pet. An intolerance to one or more of the ingredients of your pet’s diet can cause vomiting and diarrhoea due to the offending substance causing an irritation to the lining of the digestive tract. Furthermore, dietary intolerances can also cause skin irritation, gum inflammation, chronic ear infections and anal gland problems and aggravate asthma in your furry companion. This is “you are what you eat” for pets! Armed with this knowledge of how important a role diet plays in the general well being of your pet, you will no doubt wish to provide your pet with an ideal diet of fresh, healthy food, including a variety of food groups, salads, meat and fish. Vondi's natural cooked food and Doggobone Active Rawfood are both excellent alternatives and are available from the Feelgood Health shop in Westlake, Cape Town.
- Make sure that your pet has plenty of clean, filtered water. Cats can be fussy drinkers and may only want to drink from a running tap, out of your glass of water or from rain puddles – (such is the finicky feline).
- Animals in the wild, as well as many domestic animals, will naturally fast if they are feeling ill. Fasting gives the digestive organs a rest and allows the body's energy to focus on renewal, detox, repair and fighting disease. (So don’t freak if your pet skips a meal or two and is otherwise healthy! However, if they don’t eat for more than 48hrs, it is best to consult your vet)
- Ensure your pet is eating a balanced, high quality diet with plenty of raw and unprocessed food, (preferably organic), and avoid onions as they can be toxic to animals.
- Animals need time outdoors where they can naturally seek out herbs that will help them maintain the health of their digestive system. All carnivorous animals, including dogs and cats, will naturally induce vomiting from time to time as a cleansing process to get rid of excess bile, mucus and other impurities. They do this by eating plants (e.g. grass) which will induce purging.
- Add organic green sprouts to your pet's food every day. This is an easy way to improve digestion and supply much needed vitamins, amino acids and trace elements.
- Use Immunity and Liver Support capsules to boost your pet's immune functioning and resistance against disease and infection.
- Food and water bowls should be made of glass, stainless steel or porcelain and not plastic. Make sure to wash your pet’s water bowl and food bowls regularly, using hot water. Make sure to rinse them well, so as not to leave any harmful chemical residue behind).
- Ignore those begging eyes when it comes to chocolate! It may seem like a good idea, but chocolate is toxic to pets. (A far better use for that box of chocolates would be the human contingent at your favourite vet!)
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. Please consult your veterinarian if symptoms persist.