Feelgood Pets Immunity & Liver Support: Natural immunity tonic for pets
Natural immunity tonic for pets
Feelgood Pets Immunity & Liver Support will assist in a healthy immune system in dogs as well as cats. These capsules contain a combination of specially selected herbs known for their ability to cleanse as well as purify the system, improve immune functioning and support liver health.
Used as a general tonic or to protect against disease, Immunity and Liver Support capsules are also very effective during convalescence. In addition, it can shorten the recovery phase after illness, trauma or surgery.
- 60 vegan capsules
- Excellent all-round tonic to improve vitality, health as well as functioning
- Natural antibiotic and anti-viral properties
- Boosts the liver and immune system and resistance against disease and infection, including viral and bacterial infection
- Promotes and speeds up healing and recovery after illness
- Increases haemoglobin levels and prevents anaemia
- Made in SA
Immunity is strength!
Your pet's immune system is an amazingly intricate and complex system that maintains health and protects your dog or cat against all sorts of invaders including viruses, bacteria, microbes, parasites and toxins. As with most things, we often don’t notice or think about the immune system until something goes wrong with it. A healthy immune system helps to ensure overall systemic health and protection! And the first line of defense in any fight is to maintain structural integrity – which means taking steps to ensure a supported, healthy immune system.
The liver is the second largest organ in the body and is often seen as one of the most important organs. In traditional Chinese medicine, a healthy liver is seen as the most critical element in the body's ability to fight disease and function optimally.
Amongst other important functions, the liver is responsible for eliminating the poisons that enter the bloodstream thus detoxifying the body. It also produces bile, which is stored in the gall bladder, an essential component in the breakdown of fats. Additionally it is a storage depot for the important vitamins A, D, E and K.
As you can see, maintaining the optimal functioning of your pet's immune system and liver is key to good health, resistance to infection and the ability to recover from any illness!
The natural way
There is a lot that can be done naturally to help boost your pet’s immune system. A strong, healthy immune system is the best ‘armor’ you can give your dog or cat. Here are some tips to help boost your pet’s immune system:
- Make sure you offer a healthy diet – (preferably organic) of high quality cat or dog food. (Try Vondi's natural cooked food or DoggoBone Active Raw Food, both available from the Feelgood Health shop in Westlake, Cape Town)
- Your pet should also get plenty of exercise in the fresh air and sunshine.
- Don’t forget to give your dog or cat fresh water – and always make sure water bowls and food dishes are washed and kept clean and free of germs.
- Although it is virtually impossible, try as hard as you can to limit your pet’s contact with strays, as they may be carriers of germs and disease.
How can Immunity & Liver Support capsules help?
Immunity and Liver Support capsules contain a combination of especially selected herbs known for their ability to cleanse and purify the system, improve immune functioning and support liver health.
Used as a general tonic or to protect against disease, Immunity and Liver Support capsules are also very effective during convalescence and can shorten the recovery phase after illness, trauma or surgery.
What are the ingredients?
Immunity and Liver Support capsules contain the following 100% herbal ingredients:
- Taraxacum officinalis (Dandelion) contains bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver, kidneys, urinary tract and digestive system. Dandelion is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It enhances liver and gall bladder functioning and may decrease high blood pressure due to its diuretic properties.
- Echinacea purpurea is well known for its excellent benefits for immune functioning and for its antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial properties. Used as a natural antibiotic, immune stimulant and anti-allergy agent, Echinacea is also effective as a tonic for the lymphatic system and has been investigated as supportive treatment in AIDS therapy. Regular use can help to keep your pet healthy and resistant to a range of illnesses.
- Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) is also called 'Indian ginseng' and is one of the most important Ayurvedic tonic herbs, assisting with growth, health and vigor. Regular use can help to nourish the blood and increase hemoglobin levels. Recent studies have demonstrated that Ashwagandha has anti-tumor properties and can help to prevent or slow the development of cancers. It is an effective anti-inflammatory and has excellent calming properties. This herb is often recommended as a tonic to assist with recovery after illness.
- Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) is regarded as one of the most important herbal liver tonics and restoratives and medical use of Milk Thistle may be traced back more than 2000 years. Milk Thistle has been subject to many clinical trials which clearly demonstrate its effectiveness. It is frequently recommended to counteract the harmful effects of prescription drugs and vaccinations on the liver and clinical studies have shown that it helps the liver to return to normal functioning. Scientific analysis of Milk Thistle shows that it contains a flavonoid complex called silymarin, which is largely responsible for the medical benefits of this herb. Silymarin is a powerful anti-oxidant and can block the entrance of toxins into the liver and remove toxins at cellular level, thereby resulting in regeneration of liver cells and improved liver functioning. This would have a direct impact on the overall systemic health of your pet as the liver is one of the most important organs in the body.
Rice Powder: inactive ingredient
Immunity and Liver Support capsules contain no gluten, artificial flavours, colours or preservatives.
How do I use Immunity & Liver Support?
Used preventatively or as an antibiotic alternative & healing aid, Immunity & Liver Support capsules may be given whole or opened and the contents mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pet's size and preferences.
Cats and small dogs: 1/2 capsule twice daily.
Medium dogs: One capsule twice daily.
Large dogs: One to two capsules twice daily.
Caution: Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.
Helpful tips to improve your pet's liver & immune system
- Avoid exposure to toxins and chemicals as much as possible.
- Ask your veterinarian to explain the side effects of all medications that are prescribed for your dog. If there is a chance of liver damage, then find out if there is an alternative medication or if not, what you can do to minimise the effects of liver damage. Always try and dose the minimum dose and follow prescription instructions closely.
- A natural, unprocessed diet will put fewer demands on the liver and immune system than one that is filled with preservatives and colourants that all need to be detoxed by the liver.
- Acupressure massage is also helpful in improving immune system and liver functioning.
- And as always, lots of exercise, the benefits are multiple both for you and your pet!
Disclaimer: This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness. Please consult your veterinarian if symptoms persist.